Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Getting Ready for Spring - Sisters Gardens

I am so excited that my bulbs are coming up and my small rosebushes have leaves budding on them!! This year I really want to do a lot with the yard and get it looking really nice. I like gardening, but it is not the easiest thing when you have 2 babies. This spring they are older, both can walk, and LOVE playing outside (the entire time we are out back Madi just cilmbs up her slide, slides down and then repeats this for an hour until we go inside, I don't know how she does it!!), so I am ready to get to work. And may I just say I have a LOT of work to do.

Debbie and her sisters have this really great site called Sisters Gardens where they sell everything for your garden from gardening tools, to stepping stones, to patio furniture, and even information on organics. One thing I really really love the barnwood furniture, I really want the buffet. I love yards that have outdoor kitchens and great furniture so that it truly looks like an outdoor living space.

I also love this planter. Isn't it fabulous??

Another cool thing they carry is unique plants that you can't just go pick up at your local home depot. Are these not AMAZING?? This is a firewheel tree.


Right now they are offering 15% off your purchase!!


Last year you might remember we planted seed in our backyard. That was an adventure. We still have some bare spots in the back so we are going to reseed *sigh* and hopefully it will be looking great by Gavin's birthday, which I am hoping to have in the backyard. We also have this strange side area where we cannot get ANYTHING to grow. Right now a path of flagstone separates the part of the yard where grass grows and the barren dirt part. We are considering just filling in the whole area with flagstone and creating a patio area where Jordan can grill and we can set up our patio furniture. 2 of our back flowers beds have nothing in them, so if you have a great looking flower bed you should post a photo and tell me what is in it!! I am looking for ideas!!!

2 comments:

Diana said...

I'm with you – I'm ready to start planting flowers and getting our yard fixed up! The pictures of the letterpress are from Jason's camera. He took them – he's the photographer of the two of us. I did kind of touch up the color a little with Photoshop.

Kate J said...

I would LOVE to help you fix up your yard! And you can help me decorate our new house! :) I've never seen an orange passion flower vine before... that is way cool.