Saturday, April 10, 2010

Gavinisms

Gavin has turned into quite the entertaining little 2 year old. He really does say the funniest things and has some interesting logic.

I ask him if he wants to go get ice cream at Sheridans, his reply: "Actually Mom I think I want to go to the ice cream shoppe." He uses the word "actually" quite a bit - and correctly I might add. "I think" also is in about 75% of what he says.

He knows how to bargain with you. "Gavin come put on your pajamas" I tell him. "Well hooow abooout (he always drags these 2 words, squints his eyes and angles his head to the side when he says this) if I put on my pajamas then you can get me some bunny cereal."

When he wants something he will say: "Mom I think you do want to go to Target and buy me some cars". He is very good at telling you what you think. He also tells me what Madison wants to do. Me: "Gavin, Madison wants to play with the legos also, lets give her some so she can play too" Gavin will study Madison's face like he is figuring something out then look at me and say, "No Mommy, Madison just wants to play dolls in her room by herself"

He always keeps me entertained.

2 comments:

Beth said...

What are we going to do when they are all teenagers? Hopefully he will still be squinting his eyes and cocking his head. Too cute!

Beth said...

We swam at the Y and a hotel over Spring Break. Those pictures were at the hotel. I liked the Y but even the shallow end was too deep for the kids to touch the bottom when walking. They enjoyed hanging onto the side but I like it better when they can play in the water without having to hang onto the side.